1. comfortable - provide riding in upright position; stack : reach ratio greater than or equal to 1.50
2. Drivetrain with wide range of gears suitable for hills in the city; the lowest gear inches at least 20. Range preferably from 18 to 110 gear inches.
3. Tires wide enough ( at least 40 mm) to absorb many bumps on Toronto roads and gravel - off road rides outside the city
4. Long wheel-base to allow for panniers and stable ride
5. Ability to mount mud guards
Nice to have:
1. Relatively light frame
2. Disc brakes (not hydraulic)
So far, I have twice accomplished all under "must have". "Nice to have" remains an elusive dream.
What is your perfect bicycle?
Contents Copyright © The Toronto Bicycling Network Inc.