This Sunday we will hold our annual walk in memory of Marc Brousseau who, along with Howard Chan, started the TBN City Walk program. This year, we will again be doing a modified 10 Km version of Mark's "Beeches" walk.
Meet at 10:00 AM at the Tim Hortons at 2575 Danforth Ave, just east of Main Subway Station, on the south side of Danforth Ave. Note that due to construction in the area, the Tim Hortons is now slightly further east on the Danforth than the previous location.
The walk will be on city streets, multi-use pathways, and on grass through parks, so please wear appropriate footwear. We will walk in a loop and return to Main Station. There will be a coffee/bathroom break around the middle and a place for a snack or meal near the end.
The route is on Ride with GPS at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31553227
Points of interest, break points, and early exits are located at:
- 0.0 Km - Tim Hortons (Danforth)
- 3.0 to 3.6 Km - early exit to Queen streetcar
- 3.6 Km - Tim Hortons (Queen East)
- 5.6 to 6.0 Km - early exit to Queen streetcar
- 7.2 Km - Feathers Pub (usually too busy for us to get into)
- 8.1 Km - Tim Hortons/McDonald (possible lunch spot)
- 8.7 to 9.8 Km - alternate lunch spots on The Danforth
- 9.8 Km - Main Subway Station (end of walk)
Note there is now a scheduled subway closure this weekend, between Sheppard-Yonge and St Clair Stations, but please check https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/index.jsp for any changes, in case it affects your travel plans.
Non-members are welcome. They will be asked to sign the waiver form and will be charged the $5 non-member fee, either on-line in advance (Register here) or via paper form at the walk start.
If you have any questions about the City Walk program, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Burdett - City Walk Coordinator