Going to Cyclon? Are you prepared to tackle the rolling hills in Mennonite country and the climbs around the Elora Gorge? This program is for you.
• You are approaching a hill…
• You realized that you are in the wrong gear
• Your chain dropped off half way up the hill
• You felt you couldn’t cycle up the hill and walked up the hill.
• Should I be sitting or standing while climbing?
Ray Gubala will give you practical tips on hill climbing at High Park. In this small group ‘hands on’ workshop, you will learn:
• What gear is needed when going up a hill?
• When to start shifting your gears?
• Where to position yourself on your bike when climbing a hill?
Ray is a TBN member and has extensive racing experience from the 70’s and 80’s. Ray earned a Gold medal at the National Track Championships for the Team Pursuit; a Silver medals in 1000m Sprint and the Madison; a Gold medal in the Team Time Trial from the Canada Summer Games. Also, several gold medals from the Provincial Championships and various medals/awards from race wins.
The following requirements for the course are: bike with road curved bars, clip in pedals, appropriate cycling clothing and helmet.
The group is to meet at The Grenadier Cafe in High Park on Monday July 29th @ 6:00 pm. This session will be approximately 2 hours length.