Quebec and Vermont Sept. 15-21, 2018 – A tour through the Eastern Townships and Bike-friendly Vermont
This year, TBN is working with an experienced bike tour operator, Velo Quebec, to bring a tour through the Eastern Townships and northern Vermont for cyclists who are looking for a little more in their bike touring. This tour offers stress-free cycling with well-designed cycling routes, baggage transportation, access to a support van, mechanical assistance, an experienced guide, and comfortable 2 to 3-star hotels/motels. There are 6 days of cycling with distances ranging from 54 to 112 kilometres.
The Rides - A typical day of cycling starts with breakfast at the hotel (7:30am to 9:30am), drop off luggage at the van, start riding at the time and pace you choose with cue sheets, maps and GPX files, visit villages and sights along the way, and arrive at your hotel with your luggage waiting for you.
Day 1 (Sept. 15) – Meet in late afternoon or evening at Coaticook motel and enjoy a welcome cocktail. Overnight in Coaticook
Day 2 (Sept. 16) –Start cycling, route takes you through Compton, Hatley, Stanstead, Fitch Bay, Georgeville, Magog (54 or 99 km). Overnight in Magog.
Day 3 (Sept. 17) –Magog, Austin, Bolton Centre, South Bolton, Lac-Brome (Knowlton), Sutton Jonction, Sutton (61 or 81 km). Overnight in Sutton
Day 4 (Sept. 18) –Sutton, Abercorn, border Canada-USA, Richford, Enosburg Falls, Sheldon, Fairfield, Fairfax, Westford, Essex Jonction, Burlington (112 km). Overnight in Burlington, Vermont
Day 5 (Sept. 19) - Burlington, Hinesburg, Waitsfield, Moretown, Montpelier (98 km). Overnight I Montpelier.
Day 6 (Sept. 20) - Montpelier, North Montpelier, Woodbury, Hardwick, Walden, Danville, St. Johnsbury (77 km). Overnight in St. Johnsbury.
Day 7 (Sept 21) - St. Johnsbury, Lyndonville, East Burke, Island Pond, Norton, border Canada-USA, and return to Coaticook (95 km).
Trip Price – The trip price is paid to Velo Quebec. The price per person in double occupancy with taxes included is
The package includes:
- 10-14 persons : 1510$ CAD/ person
- 15-20 persons : 1425$ CAD/ person
- Single supplement : 655$ CAD
- Welcome cocktail;
- 6 nights in two-three stars hotel ( double occupancy);
- 6 breakfasts;
- 1 dinner. The evening meal will include an appetizer, a main course as well as dessert. Beverages, whether alcoholic or not, are not included. Vegetarian meals will also be available.
- luggage transportation between stopover points (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- a plan of bike routes in the form of GPX data and paper maps and cue sheets;
- An experienced tour guide trained in first aid and bike mechanics;
- Access to a support vehicle (cargo van) for the transportation of passengers and luggage
Registration – Interested cyclists first register with TBN and pay a $10.00 registration fee. Registration for members start February 18 and for non-members March 4, 2018. Once the minimum of 10 have registered, the list of registrants will be forwarded to Velo Quebec and registrants pay Velo Quebec directly for the trip. The trip may still go ahead if less than 10 are registered, but with a higher price. The date of final payment is July 20, 2018. Registration is still possible until 3 weeks before departure. If the trip is cancelled, the $10 fee will be refunded.
Velo Quebec Cancellation Policy
- Up to 55 days prior to the date of departure: no refundable deposit.
- From 54 to 35 days prior to the date of departure: 30% of the price of the package.
- From 34 to 22 days prior to the date of departure: 50% of the price of the package.
- 21 days or less prior to the date of departure: no refund.
Transfer of reservation from one person to another -Individuals who want to transfer their reservation to another person are responsible for finding their replacement. Up to 21 days prior to the date of departure: transfer possible; a fee of $50 will be charged. 21 days or less prior to the date of departure: no transfer possible.
For more information about registration contact email@example.com; for information on the trip registration, for questions on trip itinerary, the payment and cancellation, contact Nathalie at Velo Quebec, T. 514 521-8356, ext.389 | 1 800 567-8356 | firstname.lastname@example.org